Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login into Chase.com

I purchased my first Mac about a month ago. Ever since then I haven't been able to login to my Chase account via online banking. I am always given some error saying there unable to access the server from Safari. I don't have any problems loggin in from my PC laptop. I called Chase and was told that a lot of Sarafi users have problems with Chase online banking.

Any I the only one in this boat? I'm using Safari 2.0.4.

Help?! Not being able to access my bank account online is a major problem.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 10, 2007 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2007 7:09 PM

BTW This is the error message I'm getting:

Safari can’t open the page “ https://chaseonline.chase.com/chaseonline/logon/sso_logon.jsp?fromLoc=ALL&LOB=CO LLogon”. The error was: “lost network connection” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.
25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2007 7:09 PM in response to scatterman

BTW This is the error message I'm getting:

Safari can’t open the page “ https://chaseonline.chase.com/chaseonline/logon/sso_logon.jsp?fromLoc=ALL&LOB=CO LLogon”. The error was: “lost network connection” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

Sep 11, 2007 7:17 PM in response to scatterman

I too have no problems accessing my Chase accounts.

I also suspect the Router. Plug your Ethernet cable directly into your Computer and see if the site is accessible. You'll need to check your System Preferences>Network>Show drop down menu to make sure Ethernet is selected (also move it to the top of the list and uncheck the other options). Select Apply. If Chase is accessible in this instance, make sure you are using the latest firmware for the Router.

If you are using the latest firmware, go back to your System Preferences>Network>Airport>TCP panel and enter 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 in the DNS servers box (separate lines). Select "apply". Also, in the Show Menu, make sure you reselect "airport" and drag it to the top of the list, deselecting the other options. Select "apply". Then restart Safari and try the Chase site.

Message was edited by: Hawaiian_Starman

Sep 11, 2007 7:33 PM in response to Hawaiian_Starman

Thanks!

The ethernet connection is a no go - I still can't log on.

I changed the DNS settings per your email but that didn't work.

But, using my neighbor's wi-fi for a sec does let me log on. Thus, it's definitely something with my router. I don't want to reset my router's configuration if I don't have to - but do I have other options?

I started a thread in the internet connectivity folder too since this appears to be a non-Safari issue.

Sep 11, 2007 7:54 PM in response to scatterman

You're welcome.

Regarding Verizon, remember they are not too Mac friendly. Explain to the technical rep you have had no problems accessing the Chase site with your computer using other IPs. Also, explain you have used their DNS codes, but to no avail (4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 belong to Verizon). Do not mention you are using a 3rd party Router, as they may quickly point in that direction to find fault.

Oct 13, 2007 5:09 PM in response to scatterman

2 weeks ago we opened a new credit card with account with Chase. We had too—they had become the holder of our Rewards. From day one we could not access their site past the login. After a dozen new Authorization codes, Chase blamed AT&T and AT&T blamed Apple (Safari). I returned to Chase and they finally agreed that Chase.com does not recognize Safari. They recognize Firefox, but that did not work for me either. Finally a Supervisor suggested I download iCab which worked right away—not as clean as Safari usually looks but we could access Chase.com and login. We were advised with Safari to clear cache and do not store bookmarks, and if our IP is changed which happens if you turn your DSL modem off, Chase will not recognize you. I will use iCab strictly for Chase.com until either Chase.com changes or Safari changes or they decide to work together on this.

Oct 13, 2007 8:45 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Hi guys . . .
Just chiming in here.
I log in to Chase with no problems, as several others have mentioned here.
I've used it with a pretty full cache & an empty cache.
With pop-up windows blocked and unblocked.
And I have tons of bookmarks.
I'm on Comcast highspeed, linkys modem & router.

Chase & Safari can work together just fine.
It's most likely some little setting in your networks.
Maddening, I know.

Nov 23, 2007 7:40 AM in response to scatterman

I had the same problem with chase.com and Safari. I upgraded from Tiger to Leopard and tried logging in. At the time, I forget my userid or password and entered it in wrong once. Since then, I was unable to log in using my correct info. Once I removed all my chase.com cookies I was able to log in just fine. It's an easy test - Give it a shot.

-Steve

Dec 19, 2007 2:04 PM in response to scatterman

This is so frustrating.. I just got my first Mac yesterday and have tried everything to log into my Chase online banking account but cannot access it on Firefox or Safari (I even tried the old Mac version of IE which was awful and also did not work).

I just spent around an hour on the phone with a Chase tech support guy who was not very helpful and just kept apologizing for the inconvenience. This is certainly a huge inconvenience..I keep track of all of my banking online and do not want to have to keep around my old Dell laptop simply to check my bank account.

The Chase guy finally told me the site has very limited troubleshooting guidelines for Firefox or Safari. I asked if they were doing anything to fix these problems and he basically said no, it was set the way it is and I'm out of luck. I don't know what I was expecting to hear because I have read through multiple message boards on this same problem, but I still can't believe Chase would just ignore the needs of all of its Mac-using customers.

I am still holding out hope that my parents' wireless network is causing the problem and I will be able to log on from my school's network when I return after Xmas break..

Unable to login into Chase.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.