Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

h.264 on iPhone

hi, has someone out there had any luck converting a dvd to h.264, and playing in on iphone? I have tried several differnt ways and all i get is "could not copy to iphone, cuz iphone does not support this format". Mpeg 4 work just fine. I m useing pop** 2 for my coverting via video ts files. Any feedback would be appreciated. I' m basicly trying to save space by converting as small as possible, with the best posible resolution.

ibook G4, iphone 4GB, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 12, 2007 10:25 AM

4 replies

Sep 22, 2007 5:52 AM in response to sguerra

I had trouble converting a video file for synching to my i phone, but managed to get it to work as follows. Hope this is helpful...

1) Converted the original file to H264 format using MPEG Streamclip (free download)
2) Import the new file into itunes library
3) Select the new file in the i tunes library, click on Advaned in the menu bar and select convert to I pod format
4) Put i phone in the docking station and then click on video tab to select the file to be synched.

h.264 on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.