Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Case Issue

I posted an issue concerning a new Macbook Pro I purchased the week before last and Apple have removed the post from this forum claiming it was not of a technical nature. I advised people to check their new Macbook Pro 17" under the area of the DVD as I found the lower case indented. I have had two occassions now where the DVD has not ejected but can here a noise which sounds likes its trying an meeting resistance. Apple service advised me yesterday the lower metal case is not covered by warranty and yet from a techincal standpoint the indentation may be causing the DVD intermitent problem. As this is a "fit to use" technical issue I think it is appropriate to be highlighted in the forum and perhaps someone can help by suggesting another way I can determine if the DVD is having an issue. I think Apple do not want the lack of claim on the lower case to be public knowledge. The Apple service centre stated they cannot help me even though I purchased the laptop just recently. So perhaps there is another technical solution to sorting out the DVD problem and manufacturing case issue?

Message was edited by: Host

Macbook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 12, 2007 5:27 PM

1 reply

DVD Case Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.