Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ringtones,volume,noisy button,rebates, etc

If I were Steve Jobs I would stop trying to improve the iphone. Rarely do I post comments but some of you guys complaints are so ridiculous that I have to comment. When the phone came out people complained about not having ringtones. Now you have ringtones but they are too loud or too low. Some of you even complained that the volume was too low or too bassy. Some complained about the home button being to loud. When the price drop on the 8gig phone, people complained they should get the full $200 back instead of $100 store credit. The list goes on! Rarely do I hear about anyone taking their phone back for any of these reasons. That's because despite these little flaws, you know the iphone is still the best on the market. Stop complaining about buying ringtones, if you had another phone, you would still have to buy ringtones and for more than 99cents for some songs. Stop complaining about the rebates. Anything that's brand new and diffrent is always expensive at first (camcorders, vcrs,etc), then eventually the price drops. I dont see other companies giving rebates when the price drops. I think Steve Jobs has simply spoiled alot of its consumers. Stop whining and enjoy your phone like me

Toshiba, Windows Vista

Posted on Sep 13, 2007 2:21 PM

9 replies

Sep 13, 2007 3:04 PM in response to ljoh635190

I don't expect this thread to last but regarding the cost of iTunes ringtones, check this link.

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/14889/

+"Apple is selling a [user-customizable] ringtone and the full song together for $2, and... that’s a bargain... at least compared with existing sources for ringtone sales. Pop song ringtones from T-Mobile and Sprint cost $2.50 apiece; from Verizon, $3. You don’t get to customize them, choose the start and end points, adjust the looping and so on. Incredibly, after 90 days, every Sprint ringtone dies, and you have to pay another $2.50 if you want to keep it. Verizon’s last only a year," Pogue reports.+

+"And my intention isn’t to shoot the messenger by blaming Apple for the insanity of this pricing. *Apple’s pricing is lower than any American carrier, offers customizability that nobody else does, and gets you both the ringtone and the full song,*" Pogue writes.+

Sep 13, 2007 3:09 PM in response to Allan Sampson

I agree with Pogue. It's beyond me what all the complaining about the ringtones is about. Don't you get the full song AND the ringtone for $2? If you buy a ringtone from anyone else you just get the 30 seconds and no ability to play the song.

People are funny. Give them something they've never had before and then they complain that it's crappy. Give them something else and they want more.

Caveat: Ringtones are silly anyway.

Sep 13, 2007 5:06 PM in response to kdiverdown

ROFL! I hear ya. No one else can even compare to what these ringtones can do. It is brilliant! Not only that, if you switch phones, you don't lose them like you do on others. This happened to my son. He had to replace his sync under warranty, but of course, he lost all the ringtones we had purchased. If it were setup like this, that wouldn't be an issue.

Not to mention, all other carriers charge download fees per kylo when buying ringtones. If you aren't on an unlimited plan (which my kids aren't), then it gets very pricey.

Get over it, this phone is wonderful.

ringtones,volume,noisy button,rebates, etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.