Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Reset or Erase content on iPod....I am selling mine...

Now that I have a video iPod, I don't need the original Classic version anymore. A co-worker would like to buy it from me. However I noticed that I still have contacts and other personal info in there along with over 1,000 songs. What is the procedure to do a RESET or ERASE all the content so he can start fresh?

1.8 G5 PowerMac & 2.33 Dual Core Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8), 4gigs of RAM, 250g &120g HD's, Final Cut Pro Studio

Posted on Sep 13, 2007 4:06 PM

3 replies

Sep 16, 2007 5:43 AM in response to Niel

Thanks Neil.

Everything in that article makes sense but I have one more question about the end of the process. It mentioned that after Stage 2 Restore was completed, it would ask you to rename your iPod, etc like it did when you first bought it brand new. If I plan to sell mine, do I name it anyway?

By me restoring this older iPod will it affect my newer video iPod when I go to hook it up to the same computer?

How to Reset or Erase content on iPod....I am selling mine...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.