Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter

I have just purhased a new Macbook. My first mac ever 🙂
My question is regardng the Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter.
Do I read that correctly that I can hook my macbook up via rca and s-video but not composite? Does Apple make one cable that will do both?
I would like the ability to hook up to a projector which will likely be composite. As well RCA/S-video via t.v or DVD inputs.
Thanks
Tig

MacBook 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 13, 2007 9:34 PM

4 replies

Sep 13, 2007 9:52 PM in response to TIGGOD

I think you are meaning to say component versus composite. Composite is lower quality than S-Video, but component is the separate Red/Green/Blue progressive outputs.

I believe your choices on the Mac are VGA or Full Size DVI outputs. VGA is probably an input option on your projector. DVI can be easily converted to HDMI if your projector is of current vintage.

Sep 13, 2007 9:59 PM in response to TIGGOD

Sorry about that...Yes I was meaning to say the following...
I want to hook up to a projector at school. Could be new or old.
Planning on a VGA type of connection.
Would also like the ability to hook up to a t.v or via VCR/DVD to get signal onto a t.v. That would be S-video or Composite. I understand that composite is a poor video quality but I am thinking about all possible applications.
My question is does apple make one cable that will do the trick or do I have to purchase two to have all my bases covered?
Plus extra cables for length to connect 🙂
Thanks again.
Tig

Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.