Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot enable graphic object as hyperlink

I've imported a graphic into my Pages '08 document which I would like to enable as a hyperlink.

When the graphic is selected the "Enable as Hyperlink" button in the inspector remains greyed out and cannot be clicked.

This appears to be the case with all objects.

Hyperlink enabling works fine with text.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong here?

Many thanks,
Dave.

Power PC G5 and G4 Powerbook, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 15, 2007 1:59 AM

5 replies

Sep 15, 2007 11:19 AM in response to Peggy

Thanks for the info Peggy,

I'll certainly do that. It would be a very useful feature.

If anyone else is having the same problem, one solution is to export the document as a pdf and create the links in a pdf editor, which adds to the workload of course.

I got round it in Pages today by overlaying a small shape, with the color fill the same as the graphic background and no stroke (to blend in). Then typed a 'click here' message which is enabled as a hyperlink.

Does the job fine.

Many thanks,
Dave.

Sep 22, 2007 6:32 PM in response to jherzberg

I logged in here because I couldn't link some sponsor logos to their website addresses.

After reading this thread, I told my 15 year old daughter that I was stuck -- that I found a deficiency in Pages. She sat down at my computer, read this thread, said "HMMM", fiddled a bit, and then solved the problem. Her solution worked perfectly -- so I told her to post it on this site.

The key is to size the textbox to equal the size of the graphic. When you type in spaces, you basically enter a transparent layer of "text" that can be hyperlinked by the Inspector.

Once you've done it, it appears that you are clicking on the logo and going to the website. In reality, you are clicking on the invisible text layer.

I'm really proud of Jen. This summer, when we in CA, we took a "pilgirmage" to the Apple campus.

Jen wants to work in an Apple Store, while in school, and for Apple when she graduates.

Me, I'm just real proud of her.

Cannot enable graphic object as hyperlink

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.