Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Connecting to wireless network

Hi all

I am trying to connect my powerbook G4 to my cisco wireless router. I was wondering how to do this. It won't see my current network.

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 15, 2007 4:31 PM

2 replies

Sep 29, 2007 7:17 PM in response to Dagger2002

It is a little difficult to give you a specific answer since you don't say whether you have Airport card or a third party wireless PCI card installed on this PB.

If you have an Airport card, the Airport Setup in the Utilities folder should be able to help.

If you have a third party wirelss card, you may need to install the accompanying software and then presumably it will put a preference in the System Preferences window. Click on that and follow any written instructions you may have with the card.

Post back if these situations don't apply to you.

Sanj

Oct 1, 2007 10:49 AM in response to Sanjay Sesodia

I have a similar problem i was hoping you could help me with... Apple has declared my 2001 g4 "obselete" and won't help me. I recently bought a third party wireless card (ARIA) and when installed it recoginzes my cisco/linksys router, but cannot connect using the password i have, even when i use a $ in front. The linksys folks (much more helpful than the mac folks) determined that it may be that the linksys is running at 64 bit, and the g4 only has 40 or 128 bit for the WPA encryption. We tried configuring the linksys with no security, and could still not log on... please help! my computer is not obselete!

Mac Connecting to wireless network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.