Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Business Card Templates Missing

Had Pages 06 installed and just installed iWorks 08. There are no business card templates as was advertised. Where/How can I obtain business card templates that will work with standard Avery business card stock.

IMac 24, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 15, 2007 7:42 PM

4 replies

Sep 23, 2007 4:35 PM in response to Johnny LeBlanc

It is highly unlikely that having iWork '06 along with iWork '08 causes problems. The only thing they share on my Macs are the templates in My Templates. Pages 2 will give me an error when trying to open any of my templates that have been created with Pages 3, which is to be expected. I've even had them both running at the same time when searching for answers to posts here.

Take a look inside the Pages 3 application package & see what's there. Go to HD > Applications > iWork '08 & Control- or right-click on the Pages application & select Show Package Contents from the contextual menu. In the new window that opens, open Contents > Resources > Templates > Business Cards. How many are there? As it is extremely difficult to accidentally delete any of the built-in templates, the problem could be a corrupt plist. Quit Pages & go to HD > Users (your account) > Library > Preferences & delete the com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist, empty the Trash & restart Pages.

User uploaded file

Business Card Templates Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.