Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there another way i can play shows from itunes w/o itunes or QT?.....

Hi, i'm using the latest version of quicktime for windows. I recently got my ipod stolen and i cannot watch my podcasts and tv shows anymore because when i try it in either itunes or QT(this has always been a problem by the way) it always keeps pausing or breaking up i guess. Sorta like when you watch youtube vids sometimes or other video online and it pauses for a second and starts up again. I get this with all my video content on IT or QT. Windows media player works great but those two don't for some reason. What i am trying to say is how can i fix this, or can i download something that will allow me to watch my stuff on windows media player. And yes, my computer is most likely to blame for this because it is kind of old and getting slow.

HP Pavillion, Windows XP, 30 GB Black Video Ipod (now stolen)

Posted on Sep 22, 2007 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2007 12:33 PM

I've read that QT (and probably iTunes as well) play better if the media is run from non-boot drive (not just another partition on same drive).

How fast and full your disk drive and system, even amount of memory to help cache content, can make a difference.

I think VLC can play Quicktime.

You could try upgrading the hard drive, or even clean it out, and do a full backup and then erase + restore. Or put your media files on external drive.

And try to keep your drive to 1/3 free at least.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2007 12:33 PM in response to mike6545

I've read that QT (and probably iTunes as well) play better if the media is run from non-boot drive (not just another partition on same drive).

How fast and full your disk drive and system, even amount of memory to help cache content, can make a difference.

I think VLC can play Quicktime.

You could try upgrading the hard drive, or even clean it out, and do a full backup and then erase + restore. Or put your media files on external drive.

And try to keep your drive to 1/3 free at least.

Is there another way i can play shows from itunes w/o itunes or QT?.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.