Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beware of this rip-off!

I bought a season pass for season 2 of 'Psych' for $29.99 and just found out the season just contains 9 episodes. Sheesh! iTunes conveniently does not display the number of episodes in a season. Beware of this before you purchase season passes.

G5/Dual 2.3, Mac OS X (10.4.10), Love my mac, not so crazy about iTunes store

Posted on Sep 22, 2007 4:00 PM

14 replies

Sep 22, 2007 5:59 PM in response to catsbreath

if you added the season pass...all future episodes will download when they come available on iTunes. 9 episodes downloaded because that is all the episodes that have been shown (I don't watch the show, so I assume this)...also, if you look @ season 1 there are 15 episodes...normally they don't have more episodes the first season than they do subsequent seasons. In addition, season one says "add season" season two says "add season PASS" and that all future episodes will download as they come available. hope this helped

Sep 26, 2007 1:16 PM in response to whambar

whambar wrote:
Seems a short coming though in iTunes doesn't it? I'd say it was fairly misrepresentational to sell you a "season" pass but not tell you that the season takes a 6 month hiatus.

Apple doesn't schedule those shows. USA does. Apple is selling you an entire season. It is up to the networks to identify when the season is.

Sep 26, 2007 1:54 PM in response to Paul Judd

And what? We're supposed to comb ALL the networks for all the shows we'd like to subscribe to? And check each one....? There goes iTunes elegant interface right down the tubes. I'm beginning to think the "posters" on these boards might not have the rest of our interests at heart (did I mean poser?). If there's fault here it's only because we expect Apple to do the right thing as they have so many times... i'm sure I'm not the only person around who's noticed that in the last month iTunes has been a mess... I don't know if it's the growth because of iPhones or the site redesign overall... I don't know if there's a conspiracy among ALL the networks to delay posting their shows (oh please!). If you're going to be a content provider you have to take the good with the bad. Apple has made mistakes in the past ... who hasn't... but it's how they satisfy their customers that keeps us all waiting for the latest and greatest.

If it's broken I say... "fix it! If it's not... give us an explanation... or credit us like the iphone buyers.

I for one would just like to know what's going on... If a season is 9 episodes... what the heck is a mini-series?

The one thing missing from iTunes is an online support box... shouldn't be that hard to do... Now you only get acces IF it's a matter of a "bought" item.

I'll leave my soapbox in case anyone else wants to use it.

Sep 26, 2007 2:02 PM in response to whambar

I totally agree with you. They should have the season details posted clearly in the description with air dates, number of episodes, etc. And for sure an online support box. It's totally bogus that they're waiting for the networks; in some shows Amazon.com posts episodes for downloads days before they're available on iTunes.

The support is abysmal, too - email only, one day to get a reply, and 90% of the time the reply is boilerplate, as if they didn't read your email. Very un-Apple-like.

Sep 26, 2007 2:06 PM in response to whambar

Nope, Sandy W is right, the current season started in the summer, takes a break and the returns in Jan 2008:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psych

Season 1

The first season comprises fifteen episodes and ran on USA Network from July 7, 2006 to March 2, 2007.

[edit] Season 2

Psych was renewed for a second season of sixteen episodes which began airing July 13, 2007. Psych will resume the second half of season 2 in January 2008. http://www.usanetwork.com/series/psych/[3]

[edit] Season 3

Psych was renewed for a third season of sixteen episodes starting in the summer of 2008. http://www.usanetwork.com/series/psych/behindthescenes/news/091907.html

Sep 26, 2007 2:14 PM in response to whambar

whambar wrote:
And what? We're supposed to comb ALL the networks for all the shows we'd like to subscribe to? And check each one....?

Why not. My cable provider doesn't tell me that information. Networks decide their own schedules for their programming that they make. They are even prone to change it on a whim. They post new episodes after they air. That is their only obligation.

If it's broken I say... "fix it! If it's not... give us an explanation... or credit us like the iphone buyers.

I don;t think it's broken. Apple sells media, they are not a broadcaster. I don;t expect my local best buy that sells tv's to know when a new episode of my favorite shows airs nor do I expect them to.

I for one would just like to know what's going on... If a season is 9 episodes... what the heck is a mini-series?

No. The season is not 9 episodes long. The show simply takes 6 months off. That is USA's policy. They make the show, they determine it's broadcasting dates. Again. Apple is merely the distributor. They get the content from the studios and sell it.

The one thing missing from iTunes is an online support box... shouldn't be that hard to do... Now you only get acces IF it's a matter of a "bought" item.

I am sorry what are you talking about?

Beware of this rip-off!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.