Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD & CD Not Able to Burn

I have an iMAC G5, with Matshita DVD-R UJ-846 which was successfully burning photos and DVD (from iDVD etc). However, now it is not accepting any blank disks and simply ejecting them (after a minute) and hence unable to copy / burn anything. These are the same make that worked before, and I have tried copying with disk utility, iDVD and Toast with no success.

Any suggested corrections and / or tests to run - if not can you swap the drive?

Thanks Neil

iMAC, Mac OS X (10.4.10), G5, Matshita DVD-R UJ-846

Posted on Sep 23, 2007 8:24 AM

7 replies

Oct 13, 2007 8:12 PM in response to njinnes

I'm Trying to burn an MP3 disk from ITunes and I keep getting the error code "The Burner is in use by another application." When I go into force quite I don't see any applications running. I also went into disk options in the system prefrences and set ignor all applications when black CD is inserted.
As well as ensure no other applications were open, I was unable to see anything else running in the background.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Oct 16, 2007 12:42 AM in response to kt misener

same here: I have pioneer DVR 103(firewire) and 108(buit in). Not able to burn and read DVD. I can read cd. It is driving me nuts! Reinstalled toast 6 titanium, and the update to 6.1.1 to no avail. I cannot pinpoint it to a software update. Can anyone of the previous posters nail the problem down to a system software update? Icannot think of another source of this problem.

DVD & CD Not Able to Burn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.