Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My emac won't turn on.

I accidentally switched off the power strip that my emac is plugged into. The computer was on sleep at the time. I immediately turned the power strip back on. Now my emac won't turn on at all. Any ideas?

emac, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Sep 23, 2007 2:57 PM

5 replies

Oct 22, 2007 6:12 AM in response to swenzel18

A less invasive method to resuscitate a Mac that won't start up after a power outage is to reset the eMac's switching power supply (which can be latched up by a power glitch) by removing the power cord from the side of the eMac (to remove the trickle current drawn by modern electronics even when nominally off) and waiting 15+ minutes. Then reattach the power cord and start the Mac. That's easier than turning the eMac over and unscrewing the RAM access cover to get at the PMU reset button. It also avoids the small but non-zero possibility of mis-pressing the PMY reset button; pressing PMU reset for too long (more than about one second) or pressing it repeatedly can potentially crash the PMU, rendering the logic board unusable (a failure not covered under any warrenty).

My emac won't turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.