Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reconditioning battery

Hi everyone,
I've had some odd battery life issues recently and read somewhere that every six months you're supposed to recondition your battery by letting it go completely dead and then recharging it to completion with the computer off. My computer went into forced sleep mode the other day when the usuable battery life was drained. I'm waiting for the computer to go to forced shutdown, but the sleep light is still blinking. My computer has been in sleep mode for 3 days now. Is there a way to drain the battery quickly so that I can recharge it? Or was I misinformed about allowing the computer to completely shut down. Thank you.

In case anyone is wondering, the reason I'm attempting a reconditioning is because my battery has 83 charge cycles and is showing 60% capacity. I have made sure to frequently use the battery and once a month will drain the battery into sleep mode (not the forced shutdown like I'm waiting for now) and then recharge it.

12 Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 26, 2007 12:18 PM

1 reply

Reconditioning battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.