Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloaded ringtones too quiet?

i downloaded two tingtones to iphone but i can barely hear my phone ring when i use them --the normal tones are much louder someone suggested its due to the fact the iphone has a lousy speaker --music is inteneded to be listened through headphones. Any one else have this problem??

Windows XP

Posted on Sep 28, 2007 4:40 AM

6 replies

Oct 9, 2007 1:32 AM in response to mxpx5678

I think that the difference comes from Dynamic Range Compression in the audio tracks ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audiolevelcompression). I made one ringtone out of an old classical recording, and it is way too quiet. I made another one out of a more recent rock song, and it was plenty loud.

I also think that the little built in speakers are better at playing certain frequencies than others. For example, songs with a lot of low end are going to sound very quiet because those portions are just getting left out.

downloaded ringtones too quiet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.