Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone ringtones

I was wondering when I buy a song from iTunes if I understande right I have to pay one time for the song its self and I then have to pay again to make or use the ringtone. Now dose this mean everytime I use the ringtone I have to pay a monthly fee. Or do I just pay for them these 2 times and then never again. Also do these ringtones have expliration dates to were they will stop working after so long. If this is true.
I have to say I am not greatly happy about paying again after I paid for the song.It should always work. Can anyone hear please explain to me why this is. I have notest this on many types of phones were you have to pay a monthly fee for useing a song that for one you paid for all ready. The other thing that really makes me made is what is the dill with paying for a song to use as a ringtone and then even though you paid good money for that ringtone it know longer works after its time is up. I have heard this has happend to many people. This seem like a wast of good money.
Now I do not know if this also gose for the iPhone or Not but I would not dout it.

IMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.4), Tiger

Posted on Sep 30, 2007 6:35 PM

5 replies

Sep 30, 2007 6:43 PM in response to Computerguy

You only have to pay for the song, and then pay for the ringtone once. I'd say before you click the buy button, make darn sure you like the clip you've chosen. Cause if down the line you don't, you'll have to pay another .99 to make a new one. The ringtone does not expire, once you've bough it, it's yours till you decide to delete it from you iTunes library entirely. So no they don't expire. Yes we've heard how paople don't like this paying twice thing. But overall when you think of how much rintones cost at other places. $1.98 total cost is far cheaper then I've paid for a ringtone in the past. And although I've never had a rintone expire on me, not having to worry about that now is a welcome relief. Oh and getting to make the ringtone I want to hear doesn't hurt either.

iphone ringtones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.