Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iChat on iPhone?

Apple has now mastered the iTunes music store on the iPhone... Does anyone know if there are plans to add iChat also that will work with the Wi-Fi which the itunes store only does... If Apple could add iChat to the phone i feel that many more people will buy the phone.. i know 10 of my friends who would be more inclined to buy the phone if it had a form of instant messenger on it.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.10), iPhone also

Posted on Oct 1, 2007 5:57 PM

12 replies

Oct 1, 2007 6:28 PM in response to MLeardo

I like to see that proven. That is I would like stats from Apple on how many people asked for a Wifi Music store on their cellphones vs. the number of people that asked for iChat. I can all but guarantee less than 1% of those asking for new features were asking for a music store.

So I believe that writing to Apple at the often quoted url is a complete waste of time. They may have a plan for iChat but they care not one dot whether their users want it.

And.. for all those who still don't get it. APPLE DOES NOT READ THESE GROUPS.

Oct 2, 2007 2:16 AM in response to ucs308

The iPhone is just as much an iPod as it is a phone. For the longest time on the Apple site, they had a page on the new iPods. The iPhone was right there with the nanos and the classics. So yes, again it is just as much an iPod as it is a phone. In fact I would say it's an iPod that just happens to include a simple phone.

iChat on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.