Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The document 'xxx' could not be saved" error

I am using Keynote 2, and had just about finished creating a presentation document with only about 10 slides, but many shape objects (about 25 per slide). Now, when I try to save the document, it gives this error:

The document " filename" could not be saved.

My hard disk has plenty of free space, and I can create and save other Keynote documents. I had been able to save this document up until the last two slides or so -- from then on, I get the error above.

Any thoughts? I don't want to log out or reboot my machine before I am able to save my work. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10), iPhone 8GB

Posted on Oct 3, 2007 6:27 AM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2008 3:55 AM in response to ScottSF

I have had problems with Pages under Leopard. First it started crashing (looks like a problem with a rotated PNG image inserted in the file) but once I deleted the PNG image, it refused to save. It will allow me to export (to PDF, for example) but not to save, not on my drive nor any of my network drives. I have no idea why, but get the error above "The document could not be saved as ." I can't find anyone writing about this in the Pages forum. My software is fully updated.

"The document 'xxx' could not be saved" error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.