Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about converting from Pro Tools

I've been using Pro Tools LE with a Digi 002 Rack, for several years, for recording and sequencing. Since I've always been a Mac user, I picked up Logic 8, out of curiosity and kind of like the look and feel....and certainly the bundled plug-ins.

I'd appreciate feedback from others, who've used both, about the principal differences in the software and challenges in making the switch. I've already begun to explore Logic, but thought it might help me to more quickly identify issues if others could chime in.

24" iMac, 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM -- 17" MacBook Pro, 2.0GHZ, 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Oct 6, 2007 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2007 6:54 AM

Hey man, I made the switch this week and I'm blown away with Logic Express 8 ! The plugins alone blows pro tools away! I'm still using the digi 002 rack as my interface and it works great. download the users manual from your startup disk and place it on your desktop for reference. Check out chapter 4 in the user manual to set up your system properly so you won't have any problems with latency. I use PreSonus fader port and it works great. You can import mp3's that you created in pro tools and use them in logic. Apple hit a home run with this system. I hope this helps you.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2007 6:54 AM in response to cedarflute

Hey man, I made the switch this week and I'm blown away with Logic Express 8 ! The plugins alone blows pro tools away! I'm still using the digi 002 rack as my interface and it works great. download the users manual from your startup disk and place it on your desktop for reference. Check out chapter 4 in the user manual to set up your system properly so you won't have any problems with latency. I use PreSonus fader port and it works great. You can import mp3's that you created in pro tools and use them in logic. Apple hit a home run with this system. I hope this helps you.

Oct 6, 2007 4:07 PM in response to Noel123

Thanks very much. I did the normal set-up routine--without consulting the manual--and everything seemed to work fine with the 002 until I enabled record. As you may have seen in another thread.....even with all input shut off....the gain is maxed to the limit....in the red all the way on all enabled channels. I've tried everything and and nothing helps. So, unless I get a tip I'm going to reinstall the software and follow your advice to use the manual set-up instructions.

Jan 3, 2008 12:47 AM in response to cedarflute

Ive been a Pro Tools user since 001 came out. I'm really used to Pro Tools LE and my last update is the mbox first gen but I really hate the quality of my songs now when I try to compare to few other stuff. I have good preamps, good mics, but the thing that Pro Tools Le is 44khz sample rate is a big disappointment. I also dont want to spend another thousand bucks or more to get good quality stuff and I really want to go to top (192khz I/O) for less than 500. Digidesign has overpriced their stuff because they have been trying to play a monopoly game, but, more users are switching to other system these days. For Digidesign you will have to pay at least more than 100 bucks for one single plugin. With some other programs you just get them all, and you can get others free or pretty cheap.
If you have the money to buy all those racks and programs for over thousands bucks to get top quality audio, then buy digidesign...But I am really decided to switch. Eventhough, I am rock songwriter with a lot of audio recording files, and I think that I wont need all that stuff that logic pro has...but I would like that the new LE8 has some better editing tools....But if u have some good recording techniques and you are a good musician, u wont need it at all....So,,,,Im going for an Alesis io14 and logic express! Maybe I would go to pro tools for some editing but I think it will not be necessary. Stick to LE8 and get a good quality interface!!!!!

Question about converting from Pro Tools

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.