Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync atv back to itunes

i had to reinstall osx and did not back up all my i tunes but they are still on my apple tv is there any way to have i tunes copy them back from atv can anyone help
apple already let me re download my songs but i need to get pix and videos back Thanks

imac, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Oct 6, 2007 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2007 10:31 AM

short answer : no

long answer : if you remove the HDD from the ATV (invalidating warranty in the process) you "may" be able to recover data if it isn't encrtyped.

i think you've lost your data. the minute ATV tried to sync again, it will wipe the data as it no longer exists in your itunes library.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2007 10:31 AM in response to john0786

short answer : no

long answer : if you remove the HDD from the ATV (invalidating warranty in the process) you "may" be able to recover data if it isn't encrtyped.

i think you've lost your data. the minute ATV tried to sync again, it will wipe the data as it no longer exists in your itunes library.

Oct 6, 2007 11:52 AM in response to john0786

Welcome to the  Discussion Forums.

As Chenks says there is no real easy way to recover your data. If I were in your situation and they were my home videos and pictures, I wouldn't be too worried about my warranty, but I would unplug the tv immediately and take it to someone who could take the data from the drive for you (a professional)

User uploaded file

sync atv back to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.