Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid WPA Pre-Shared Key | Nokia E61

I wonder if anyone has found a successful answer to this problem, I've seem similar comments on Nokia Forums - some resolved, some not - it is not resolved for me.
I have been using my Nokia E61 on my home WLAN for 6-12 months now, streaming Real Player, etc.
Excellent experience - I updated the E61 firmware to the latest, everything was still working as before.

I then replaced my Netgear Router with an Airport Extreme (n).
All the macs can connect, but the E61 cannot connect.

All the settings on the Netgear and AE are exactly the same. WPA/WPA2, same password, etc.

I get the message on the E61 "Unable to Connect.Invalid WPA Pre-Shared Key!"

AE Firmware is 7.2.1

There are some settings on the AE, which I cannot set (can on the Netgears), like preamble, etc.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm shocked that the Airport Extreme is failing on points, where the Netgear has no issues.

Powerbook G4 1.33 15, Mac OS X (10.4.10), Nokia E61

Posted on Oct 6, 2007 11:36 PM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2007 8:34 AM in response to Neil McGillivray

After a lot of experimentation - I have found a solution.

1. Multicast set to 1mb.
2. Encryption set to WPA2 Personal [not WPA/WPA2].
3. Reduced password to 16 characters [this seems to be the limit] - originally on the Netgear+E61, 20 characters worked - not on AE.

(4.) Set AE to open mode.
5. Deleted access point info for AE on the E61, surveyed WLAN using WLAN Wizard - Defined AE, entered Password.

Successful.

6. Set AE to closed mode.
7. Changed Access Point info on E61 to 'Hidden'

Hope this helps.

Invalid WPA Pre-Shared Key | Nokia E61

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.