4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2007 8:19 PM by Vinmar
mirbeau Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Question: has the new firmware update done something about the sound quality issue?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.10)
  • John White9 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    No. According to Apple there is nothing wrong with the sound quality.
  • CrispNClean Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    According to Apple, not only is there nothing wrong with the sound quality, this is also the best batch of iPods ever!!

I haven't noticed any improvement in the audio quality. Then again, I didn't thin the audio was bad to begin with.
  • deh2k Level 4 Level 4 (1,765 points)
    I have not noticed any improvement in the sound quality with the 1.0.2 software update. The sound from my Classic is very flat and lifeless, like a cheap FM radio. Listening to the same audio files with the same earphones through my MacBook Pro and iTunes is like night and day.

I hope that a software update will address this issue, but I'm concerned that it's due to lousy circuitry, which can't really be fixed.
  • Vinmar Level 1 Level 1 (85 points)
    mirbeau wrote:
    Question: has the new firmware update done something about the sound quality issue?

done some detailed, but not highly controlled, measurements and comparisions between the classic and previous-generation iPods. He reports no changes in v1.0.2. (near the bottom of the page).

Cheers!