Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Verizon Motorola Razr V3 photos into iPhoto

How can I transfer my Razr V3 photos to my Powerbook for inclusion in iPhoto? I used to do it pic-by-pic by sending the pictures to my email, but that was time consuming and kind of expensive (each pic I sent cost something like $.25) Recently, though, I had to put a block on all text messages. So now I can't send pictures to my email, since that's kind of like sending a text.

I tried Bluetooth, but only contact and calendar-type "stuff" could be exchanged with my Powerbook. Not photos. I also tried Bluetooth File Exchange, but it said my phone was lacking in certain "things" to be able to make use of that program. I also tried USB, but no luck

It would seem that Verizon (unfairly) wants its customers to pay through the nose for things like file exchanging. It kind of stinks when you consider that other cell companies totally. In this day and age, all digital devices sholud be compatible. I read on another forum that AT&T phones allow files such as my photos to be transferred.

AlBook 1.67GHz 15-inch, Mac OS X (10.4.10), 1GB RAM, 160GB HD, Superdrive

Posted on Oct 7, 2007 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2007 12:22 AM

Chris

Google is your friend here: Try a search like 'V3 Pictures to Mac' I did, got lots of hits including this

http://macncell.com/index_html/archive/2005/07/21/problem-downloading-photos-fro m-the-motorola-razr-v3

Regards

TD
17 replies

Oct 9, 2007 10:55 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks Terence. I have tried Google, but maybe your suggestion of "V3 pictures to mac" might yield more than my "razr to iphoto" effort. I'll also check out your link.

I have found lots of information on how to transfer photos from a Razr to a Mac when Verizon is not the wireless service provider. It's apparently pretty easy with a Sprint or AT&T Razr. Oh well. I like Verizon, so I guess I could live without a cell camera!

Oct 9, 2007 11:00 AM in response to Yer_Man

Terence -

Just a quick update: The link provided very good information, but none of it works with a Verizon Razr V3. I can use Bluetooth to sync contacts between my PB and my Razr, but files (such as pictures) can't be accessed.

The second option, using a "Move" command on my phone to move the files from phone to iMac also won't work. There's no "move' command in the Verizon software.

I'll keep looking. Thanks anayway!

Oct 9, 2007 7:06 PM in response to Yer_Man

DataPilot seems like the solution to my problem. Thanks for the tip. It's kind of pricey at $45, so I'll need to do a little research on it to make sure it will work with a Verizon phone. But it's the best shot I have, or so it would seem.

I wish cell providers were regulated more here. Not allowing phones to be crippled seems like the way to go. But there's more money in "forcing" your customers to pay through the nose for extras in order to get full functionality from their phones. It's the American way, I guess!

Thanks again for your help. It's been most appreciated.

Oct 11, 2007 1:57 PM in response to Chris Meyer1

I can't remember if the Razr has an miniSD card slot or not, but if so get a card, save pictures to the card, put the card in a USB Card Reader and transfer them to your computer. Works great for my Verizon eNV phone. I also found a way to use BlueTooth to transfer the picts but it was very roundabout and time consuming. If no card slot, fool around with the BlueTooth.

Oct 11, 2007 4:22 PM in response to George Chapman

Hi George -

No card on the Razr. I did mess around with Bluetooth. I can sync contacts and calendars with Bluetooth, but not photos. It's definitely a Verizon issue - They "cripple" the phone to force you to use their service to email it to yourself at an additional charge above and beyond your monthly service charge. Seems kind of unfair, but considering how infrequently I actually use the Razr's poor camera, I think it makes more sense to pay to email myself the occasional photo rather than invest $45 in software. In the long run, I'll probably spend less that way.

I will say, though, that the DataPilot people seem pretty decent. I emailed them to see if the offered a trial version of their software to make sure it would work with a Verizon phone. They don't. But they do offer a 30-day money back guarantee (on web purchased software) and they gave me a coupon code for 15% off. Pretty nice of them. I might just buy the software anyway!

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. Cheers!

Oct 11, 2007 4:50 PM in response to Chris Meyer1

Someone also suggested a piece of software called BioPiM which seems to do the same thing as the one you're talking about. It's in one of the Forums somewhere. I have it downloaded from somewhere and it's free but I didn't try to figure it out since the SD minicard worked so well. As I said I also got Bluetooth to work even tho it's disabled but it took some maneuvering. I am using an eNV by LG tho and that might be different.

Oct 11, 2007 6:57 PM in response to Chris Meyer1

Did you try the "Browse Device" option in Bluetooth? I use it to copy all my pics and then import them into iPhoto. It is not the most intuitive way to do it, but it does work. The easiest way to get to the Bluetooth stuff is to make sure that it is present in the command bar (check the system preferences for enabling that). If you click on the BT icon then, you get the list of options. This is not synching with iSync. It is using the Bluetooth goober.

Oct 12, 2007 6:39 AM in response to Clinton Gardner

"Browse Device" does not work with my Razr. I get an error message; something about the device lacking certain features or software. I don't recall the exact wording. It's nothing to do with the Razr itself. It's the software installed on the Razr by Verizon.

Verizon does NOT want its customers to be able to freely transfer ringtones, wallpapers, or photos between their cell phones and their computers. Verizon wants its customers to PAY to be able to do that.

Therefore, none of the techniques that have been proposed here (aside, possibly, from using DataPilot) will work with any Verizon phone, even if they work with phones from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or any other cell provider.

It's just another reason the government needs to start regulating the cell phone industry a little more. High usage charges, crippled cell phones, exorbitant contract cancellation fees, and overpriced equipment - It's a racket, and it's an industry that does not at all operate in the best interests of its customers.

Sigh. This will probably be deleted as a rant, but I just couldn't resist throwing my frustration out there, even if this isn't the best forum for that.

Thanks for trying, guys!

Oct 12, 2007 9:59 AM in response to Chris Meyer1

There are different versions or upgrades to the Verizon OS. I'm not sure how this differs between phones & brands but some older OS versions accidentally uncrippled the blue tooth OBEX allowing everything to be freely transfered. For example I think version 2 did not allow OBEX transfers and version 3 did. When this news got out on the online forums they found out and fixed it through version 4 of the OS. My version numbers could be off, but you get the idea. I also have a Razr V3C and am stuck emailing my photos, graphics and tones at $0.25/each. Not to mention, you can only email one at a time which is very slow.

To throw more salt in the wound, my boss will drive me down to an Apple store at any time and buy me an iPhone. The problem is that I would have to pay Verizon $275.00 to break my contract and I would have to pay allot more than the $9.99/month I currently pay on my "family share" plan for my Razr.

How to get Verizon Motorola Razr V3 photos into iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.