Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I upload photos to Snapfish?

Help! I am a brand new mac user and am still learning my way around. Is there any way I can upload photos from my iphoto library to Snapfish? I have many prepaid photo credits with them that I would like to use but can't upload. When I open Snapfish and click download the is no iphoto listing - only photobooth. I did create a file on my desktop where I was able to download one at a time but this is very time consuming when I have 50-100 pictures that I want to download.
Thanks,
Nancy

Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Oct 8, 2007 9:00 AM

14 replies

Oct 8, 2007 9:08 AM in response to Nancy Vetreno

Nancy

Welcome to the Apple Discussions.

Are you using iPhoto?

There are three ways (at least) to get files from the iPhoto Window.

1. Drag and Drop: Drag a photo from the iPhoto Window to the desktop, there iPhoto will make a full-sized copy of the pic.

2. File -> Export: Select the files in the iPhoto Window and go File -> Export. The dialogue will give you various options, including altering the format, naming the files and changing the size. Again, producing a copy.

3. Show File: Right- (or Control-) Click on a pic and in the resulting dialogue choose 'Show File'. A Finder window will pop open with the file already selected.

To upload to MySpace or any site that does not have an iPhoto Export Plug-in the recommended way is to Select the Pic in the iPhoto Window and go File -> Export and export the pic to the desktop, then upload from there. After the upload you can trash the pic on the desktop. It's only a copy and your original is safe in iPhoto.

If you want to export more than one, simply select the pics you want to export (hold down the  key and click to select more than one at a time) and export them all at once.

This is also true for emailing with Web-based services. If you're using Gmail you can use THIS

If you use Apple's Mail, Entourage, AOL or Eudora you can email from within iPhoto.

The change was made to the format of the iPhoto library because many users were inadvertently corrupting their library by browsing through it with other software or making changes in it themselves. If you're willing to risk database corruption, you can restore the older functionality simply by right clicking on the iPhoto Library and choosing 'Show Package Contents'. Then simply make an alias to the folders you require and put that alias on the desktop or where ever you want it. Be aware though, that this is a hack and not supported by Apple.

Regards

TD

Oct 18, 2007 12:23 AM in response to annkacz

There are three ways (at least) to get files from the iPhoto Window.

1. *Drag and Drop*: Drag a photo from the iPhoto Window to the desktop, there iPhoto will make a full-sized copy of the pic.

2. *File -> Export*: Select the files in the iPhoto Window and go File -> Export. The dialogue will give you various options, including altering the format, naming the files and changing the size. Again, producing a copy.

3. *Show File*: Right- (or Control-) Click on a pic and in the resulting dialogue choose 'Show File'. A Finder window will pop open with the file already selected.

To upload to MySpace or any site that does not have an iPhoto Export Plug-in the recommended way is to Select the Pic in the iPhoto Window and go File -> Export and export the pic to the desktop, then upload from there. After the upload you can trash the pic on the desktop. It's only a copy and your original is safe in iPhoto.

This is also true for emailing with Web-based services. If you're using Gmail you can use THIS

If you use Apple's Mail, Entourage, AOL or Eudora you can email from within iPhoto.

If you use a Cocoa-based Browser such as Safari, you can drag the pics from the iPhoto Window to the Attach window in the browser. Or, if you want to access the files with iPhoto not running, then create a Media Browser using Automator (takes about 10 seconds) or use THIS

PictureSync supports many photo services and is integrated with iPhoto.

The change was made to the format of the iPhoto library because many users were inadvertently corrupting their library by browsing through it with other software or making changes in it themselves. If you're willing to risk database corruption, you can restore the older functionality simply by right clicking on the iPhoto Library and choosing 'Show Package Contents'. Then simply make an alias to the folders you require and put that alias on the desktop or where ever you want it. Be aware though, that this is a hack and not supported by Apple.

Regards

TD

Mar 25, 2008 10:44 AM in response to Teffy

add me to the list.........i followed instructions per TD above. my only problem is that i am not 100% sure that the originals were uploaded into snapfish? i downloaded the media browser that was suggested in another post to view the iphoto library but it's really frustrating to not be able to view my picure folders like we used to with iphoto 06

Mar 25, 2008 11:46 AM in response to riokim1231

riokim

As you're using 10.5:

You can use any Open / Attach / Browse dialogue. On the left there's a Media heading, your pics can be accessed there. Apple-Click for selecting multiple pics.

User uploaded file
Uploaded with plasq's Skitch!

Remember, any time you enter the iPhoto Library Folder you risk damaging the library, and any of the ways that are designed into iPhoto are faster and safer.

Regards

TD

Mar 25, 2008 3:50 PM in response to riokim1231

my only problem is that i am not 100% sure that the originals were uploaded into snapfish?

You did NOT upload the original (unless you had never modified the photo) - you uploaded the very latest modified version - that is the beauty of this - you do NOT have to search around and chance destroying your photos to upload - you always get the MOST current version and your photos are safe

LN

How do I upload photos to Snapfish?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.