Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo book, bad color

The photo on the Dust Cover is not as nicely printed as the photos inside the book. It it is way to green? The rest of the photos in the book match the color on my computer monitor.

Power Book G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Oct 9, 2007 9:03 AM

7 replies

Oct 9, 2007 11:30 AM in response to Finn Fons

Finn:

Welcome to the Apple Discussions. Contact Apple thru http://www.apple.com/support/iphoto/customerservice/orderbooks/ and explain the issue.

User uploaded file Do you Twango?

TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
I've written an Automator workflow application (requires Tiger), iPhoto dB File Backup, that will copy the selected Library6.iPhoto file from your iPhoto Library folder to the Pictures folder, replacing any previous version of it. It's compatible with iPhoto 08 libraries. iPhoto does not have to be closed to run the application, just idle. You can download it at Toad's Cellar. Be sure to read the Read Me pdf file.

Oct 21, 2007 5:43 PM in response to Finn Fons

This happened to me also. I got my book and was really ticked. My daughter is on the front of the Pastel/watercolor book dust cover and she looks like a nuclear accident victim. Her face is extremely red and the whole photo is way oversaturated. So are the pastel strips, they aren't pastel on this book, they are red and dark teal, etc. They said they'd reprint and refund my money but I'm afraid. The pics on my computer look nothing like what got printed on the cover. The pics inside are fine but he dust jacket is a disaster! I've assembled calendars and other books I plan to give for xmas but am afraid now to actually order them.

Oct 25, 2007 10:00 PM in response to aubiem

me too. my wife and i look like lobsters on the cover. some of the pictures in the book also turned out dark and red. i think there's an contrast issue.. lots of pictures are coming out with too much contrast. way more than how they look on my computer screen.

i'm looking into other photo book services, like blurb and shutterfly.

Oct 30, 2007 12:58 AM in response to Finn Fons

I made three sample books as i wanted to try out the ibook service. The jackets are horrid. One book had very inaccurate color ( I am a professional Wedding Photographer) and I have seen these prints I sent in, printed on regular Photo paper). All the picture's were very grainy and they were shot with a canon 1D Mark 3 at ISO 160! The other albums had everyones faces looking lobster red!
A co worker showed me a ibook a friend had made using aperture. the paper was nicer and the prints way better. Is there a difference when using iPhoto or Aperture?

Nov 15, 2007 9:29 AM in response to Finn Fons

I just received a book and have similar complaints. The dust cover photos are hazy and there is a half-inch wide light stripe down each page of the book (like the ink jets are dirty). After producing 7 books on Shutterfly, I thought I would try the iPhoto book because it is much easier to arrange and upload, but the picture and printing quality is inferior. The book looked beautiful on the computer, but looks terrible in print. Do you have to change the color profile in iPhoto for printing?

Photo book, bad color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.