Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dlink extreme N and airport extreme

i am a proud new owner of a macbook. i use to be a pc person till my roommate at college helped me see the light. my problem comes with my pc (of course). i have a airport extreme and it works great with my mac but not so good with my pc. i have a dlink wireless n card in my pc. i can see the airport but i can't connect. i would like to connect so i can use the printer in one room and have my mac in another and for sharing my itunes library. does dlink not work work with airport or what? i am stumped.

MacBook/COMPAQ(Presario), Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Oct 9, 2007 1:35 PM

4 replies

Dec 5, 2007 3:37 PM in response to TheRaptor

Hi there.

I have a brand new Airport Extreme router working fantastically with my iMac. My roommate is on a PC and has a d-link DWA 130 USB wireless network adapter. If the network is set up without a password, she can connect to the network without any issues.

When I set up the network with a WEP password to keep the connection from being public, she can still see the network in the d-link connection manager. She will then input the correct password but nothing will happen. In short, when I secure our connection, she gets hosed.

My question is, what can I do to solve this problem? I've tried everything on her end (I think), is there a setting or two I should be concerned with on my end?

Thanks, and take it easy

dlink extreme N and airport extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.