Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eMac with iPhoto 4, should I use DVDs or CDs to burn my pictures?

When burning photos from Iphoto 4 to a blank disk to play in my DVD player should I use a cd-r or a dvd-r disks?

Thanks for any info.

EMAC Super Drive 1.25 GHz, 40 GB HD, 1 GB Memory, Mac OS X (10.4.8), Comcast, 80 GB External FW HD

Posted on Oct 9, 2007 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 12:48 PM

You can use either, and they will both play on the DVD player.
You will need to have a Superdrive in your eMac to burn DVD, or else use some external DVD burner.
The DVD is a denser format that can hold more data.
Roughly a CD holds about 640MB, sometimes more, and a DVD can hold about 4700MB (4.7 GB) sometimes more, roughly seven times as much.

Make an estimation of how many MB of files you want to burn and let that help you determine which to buy.

Quality of media is important. Have a look at this article for a general idea.
http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

regards roam
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2010 12:48 PM in response to Bill S.

You can use either, and they will both play on the DVD player.
You will need to have a Superdrive in your eMac to burn DVD, or else use some external DVD burner.
The DVD is a denser format that can hold more data.
Roughly a CD holds about 640MB, sometimes more, and a DVD can hold about 4700MB (4.7 GB) sometimes more, roughly seven times as much.

Make an estimation of how many MB of files you want to burn and let that help you determine which to buy.

Quality of media is important. Have a look at this article for a general idea.
http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

regards roam

eMac with iPhoto 4, should I use DVDs or CDs to burn my pictures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.