Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nano won't shut off!

I FINALLY GOT MY NANO TO SHUT OFF!

This is what worked for me - it's from another poster - THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

<<<<<You might want to try this (it's not perfect and I can't swear that the battery won't wear down just as fast as being on but....) Press and hold (at the same time) the MENU and Center buttons for 5 or 6 seconds. Now you have to be quick about this, when the Ipod shuts off very quickly slide the hold button on top to the right. You will see some words or logo faintly on the screen but that will go away. Now to start it up you will have to slide the hold button to the left and press either the menu button or the center button. Like I said I don't know if the battery will run down as fast because I just figured out how to do this. Good luck!>>>>>>

iPod Nano

Posted on Oct 10, 2007 10:24 AM

There are no replies.

Nano won't shut off!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.