Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alert: "Failed to open MIDI support library. Application can not run."

Has anyone had this prompt before starting application? I also get it in Garageband 3 and Reason 3.0, but not in Live 6. Th midi controller does not seem to work and on Reason app wont even open. I am using the M-audio Oxygen. I tried re-installing the FW1814 and still didnt help.

Power Mac G5, Mac OS X (10.3.9), Dual 1.8, 2.5 RAM, Dual LG 17"

Posted on Oct 10, 2007 10:31 AM

5 replies

Oct 10, 2007 2:24 PM in response to dj ahzi

dj ahzi wrote:
I am using the M-audio Oxygen. I tried re-installing the FW1814 and still didnt help.

Hi, please tell me, if you have a problem with controller A, and you re-install the drivers for audio device B, how on earth do you expect it to suddenly work again?

Please re-install the drivers for controller A. NOT for another device.

Cheers

PS Oxygen is no longer supported...so good luck.

Oct 12, 2007 9:24 AM in response to dj ahzi

Hi dj ahzi,

I think, maybe you have to re-install Logic, and make sure you only have the correct, up to date MIDI drivers for your hardware.

This might take a while, but will probably be the best route to fixing this issue. The MIDI support library is probably missing. Whether Logic installs one, or it is a part of the operating system itself, I do not know for sure. Re-installing Logic will tell you if the MIDI support is part of Logic, or if you have to install the operating system again (ouch).

Cheers

Feb 1, 2008 11:35 AM in response to senorsong

This alert may appear on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) if you have incompatible drivers for your audio card or MIDI keyboard/controller installed on your system.

Uninstall all drivers for your audio cards and MIDI devices, then relaunch Reason.

If that solves the problem, go to the audio card and MIDI controller manufacturer's web sites to download and install the latest, Leopard compatible, drivers for your hardware. You'll also notice that you can't open the Audio midi support and the annoying midi frameworks folder bouncing constantly in your dock.

Alert: "Failed to open MIDI support library. Application can not run."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.