Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac firmware upgrader for Pioneer DVR-110D???

Has anyone seen an update to DVRFlash or similar that will allow me to re-flash my new DVR-110D on my mac? The 2.1.1 release of DVRFlash does not support the 110.....

Posted on Oct 25, 2005 8:07 AM

9 replies

Dec 12, 2005 4:51 PM in response to Kay Marczoch

Hi there !

I'm going to buy a DVR-110D for my G4 Quicksilver 733 and install Tiger 10.4.3.

As I'm running 10.2.8 which doesn't recognize the DVDs in the DVR-110D, do you think it will be possible to insert the Install DVD, restart and pressing the "C" Key boot on the Tiger Install DVD?

I didn't find the firmware for Tiger...
Where is it on this page <http://lasvegas.rpc1.org/>? (top?, bottom?, middle?)

Many thanks in advance.
Regards.

G4 Quicksilver 733 Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Dec 12, 2005 5:26 PM in response to Germaris

"..As I'm running 10.2.8 which doesn't recognize the DVDs in the DVR-110D.."

Do you mean commercial DVD's, or any DVD at all? PatchBurn is needed in Jaguar for iApp/FInder burn support.

If you are planning on moving up to Tiger, just do as you supposed. and boot from the Tiger DVD. In Tiger, the drive will be supported for iApp/Finder burn support, including DL DVD media burns.

The firmware discussed here has no impact on what you are doing, it is only to improve the range & burn speeds of some brands of media.

Dec 13, 2005 12:27 AM in response to Hussein-New-York

Do you mean commercial DVD's, or any DVD at all?
PatchBurn is needed in Jaguar for iApp/FInder burn
support.

Thank you for your reply but, as I'm 64, I was already in bed when you posted it! 🙂
(I'm living in Quebec)

It's the guy at OWC who told me a DVR-110D will not work because I run 10.2.8.
I must confess I was very surprised by his message... and I didn't really understood why I shouldn't be able to simply insert a DVD and restart booting on the Tiger Install DVD.

Your post makes me confident and I'll buy a DVR-110D today. Of course, I'll keep in touch and tell you how everything is working.

Thanks also for the explanation about the firmware...

Best regards.

G4 Quicksilver 733 Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Mac firmware upgrader for Pioneer DVR-110D???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.