You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort album by track number

How can i get itunes to sort my albums by track number?????

Thanks

Posted on Oct 13, 2007 1:36 PM

10 replies

Oct 14, 2007 12:42 PM in response to GotMilk101

Do you want to sort your track all track #1 in order Tracks #2 in order & so if so Simply click track # all your albums Tracks #1 will be listed. The problem is unlike Musicmatch/Yahoo! if click artist it will resort by artist & not by track number & artist it's annoying. Musicmatch was the best at this you can click track # & it would sort by track # then you could click artist & it would keep the previous sort by artist listing yous by Track & artist

Oct 14, 2007 12:49 PM in response to Movieman3001

If you sort your library by Artist, iTunes will still sort albums by track number if things are tagged correctly. Often what happens is either:

a- The track numbers (and/or total number of tracks) is not tagged correctly or consistently.

b- The Album Artist field is not the same for all tracks on the album.

c- The spelling is not exactly the same for Artist, Album Artist, and/or Album for all tracks.

Check you tags carefully, there is no other reason that sorting by Artist would NOT show an album in the correct order.

Oct 14, 2007 1:05 PM in response to Quarrybaby

Ok! With Itunes the Best way to Have each album List album in track order it to:

1. First Highlight all the track of that album the Right click on your mouse then check the track # box middle one & type the number of track for that album also check the album title box. Warning if you change the album title Itunes had the habbit of thinking that tracks don't exist on your computer if they don't match what is listed in your My music folder

Oct 14, 2007 1:08 PM in response to rockmyplimsoul

Thanks very much rockmyplimsoul, problem solved!!!!! I am in the habit of sorting my library by date added just so i can manage my most recent music. So i changed it to sort by artist, and double checked all the tags (there were some bits of information different that i obviously overlooked several times !) and viola!!!!!

Really appreciated, it was doing my head in!!!

Thanks for all the replies 🙂

Message was edited by: Quarrybaby

Nov 3, 2007 1:38 PM in response to Quarrybaby

I also had this problem and checked (at least thought that I did) all the fields in the "sorting" tab for all the songs in a given album. I fix all the words, capital letters, entered all the track #'s, etc. What I had not done is failed to notice that some tracks in the "sorting" tab were on "Disc 1 of 1" while these fields were blank on other tracks. I just deleted this info for all the songs - problem solved. Everything fell right into order. Hope it helps ya out.

Sort album by track number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.