Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selecting large number of photos

I have recently installed ilife 08. When I am in an event and want to select a large number of photos, I click on the first one and try to scroll down. When I stop scrolling, the screen jumps back to the first photo, making it very hard to select them all. Anyone else encountered this and know why?

iMac and Macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2007 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2007 11:01 AM

RF10

Welcome to the Apple discussion group

I find the easiest way to select a large number of photos is to make an album and drag them to the album in manageable sets.

Another way seems difficult and iPhoto is not fully cooperative with large selections (IMHO)

Larry Nebel
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2007 11:01 AM in response to RF10

RF10

Welcome to the Apple discussion group

I find the easiest way to select a large number of photos is to make an album and drag them to the album in manageable sets.

Another way seems difficult and iPhoto is not fully cooperative with large selections (IMHO)

Larry Nebel

Oct 17, 2007 11:54 AM in response to RF10

Usually I find that when I want new events the photos I want to use are at the end of the event -- if you start up from the bottom until you find the first photo you want in the new event select it and click split -- that photo and all below it will now be in a new untittled event. You can continue on up the event and do this multiple times if needed.

If this does not do it select some of the photos you want in the new event and click new event. This will give you a new event with some photos in it - then go back to the original event and select more photos and cut them then paste them into the new event - repeat as necessary to complete the "move"

Larry Nebel

Selecting large number of photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.