Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD capacity problem

I'm trying to back-up some photos (and ease up some memory issues), on dvd. But I can only get just over 100 photos on the dvd which comes to 218.8MB. But in the disk info, it lists a media capacity of 4.38GB. Anything more gives me an message that there's not enough free space. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Oct 17, 2007 6:59 PM

5 replies

Oct 18, 2007 5:33 AM in response to duturn

I'm an idiot. Instead of burning directly from iphoto, I was dragging the pics to the disk. When I tried moving them to a separate folder as you suggested, I got the same error. Apparently my disk is so full that I can't move that many around. Now I have to figure out why my memory is so full .... I'll be searching the other forums for help with that.

Thanks so much for you help,
Danielle

DVD capacity problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.