Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does the burner wearout?

I need to burn about 60 dual layer DVDs with content that is 7gb large. Aside from the crazy amount of time this would take, does anyone know wheteher the burner 'wears' out? If so, I'll just go with one of the burning services out there.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Oct 18, 2007 7:43 AM

5 replies

Oct 19, 2007 1:05 PM in response to stovey2

I think it probably varies somewhat with the efficiency of your computer fan and whatnot. But Klaus has got it right. On my computer, I can usually burn 3 or 4 in a row, and then I start getting errors. When I rest it for 15 minutes or so, I can start burning again. But after this happens sometimes it will only let me burn one without needing a short rest. If I let it rest for an hour or two, then I can burn 3 or 4 in a row again. Just have to play it by ear.

I haven't tried this, but you might get better burn efficiency if you keep your burner clean. There are products for this.

Have fun.

does the burner wearout?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.