Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech MM50 and Classic 160GB

Hi all,

I have similar problems as described all over the forum with
the remote of the MM50. It behaves more or less randomly at
start/pause or skip track function. Any advice?

Cheers

Ronny

Classic 160, Windows XP Pro, Logitech MM50

Posted on Oct 19, 2007 2:27 AM

8 replies

Dec 1, 2007 9:47 AM in response to Canibal

Hey all, my remote is pretty quirky too. The reason isn't compatibility however. Well, at least that's what I suspect. The IR receiver on the device, which picks up the remote's signal, is recessed and if you try and use the remote askew, or adjacent to the speakers (which, by the way work amazing otherwise) it just won't pick up the signal. You have to be directly in front of the device to use the remote. That's not to say you must be 2 inches in front of it. You could be across the room, but you need to be lined up and on the same level as the IR port. Try it, it works flawlessly when you do so.

Dec 5, 2007 8:36 AM in response to prairie_shark

I just bought an iPod classic 80 GB last night, and I wish I would have seen this issue first. I have a Logitech mm50 as well, and the skip button on the remote is practically useless. How could something so simple (and after ALL the iPods that are controlled properly by the mm50) not work on a brand new iPod with the latest firmware (1.0.3)?

This is terrible. Apple, can you please fix this and issue a firmware update ASAP?

Dec 5, 2007 1:35 PM in response to Seanski

Sorry, but I am definitely NOT kidding. I have had the mm50 for a long time now, and have never, EVER had a problem with it. That is, until I got this iPod Classic. 2nd gen 8GB iPod nano, which I am using as I type this, works flawlessly. I had a 5th gen iPod that also worked just fine. It has nothing to do with the grating over the sensor. Like others have said if this was the problem none of the remote's functions would work properly, not just the fwd/skip buttons.

In any case, I have emailed feedback/support, and I hope everyone else does the same. I'm not going to wait though, and I'm returning my iPod tonight (to Costco). No way am I going to wait around for Apple to fix this. If you read up, there are all kinds of problems with the iPod Touch as well. Apple isn't spending the time it should on design and quality control it seems. No more of my hard-earned money is going to Apple until they can prove these things will work as they should!

Logitech MM50 and Classic 160GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.