Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the old guiar Amp plugin back?

Okay... so here's what's going on. I have Logic Express 8 and I love most of it. The one thing that bothers me is the new Guitar Amp Pro plugin. It seems to have a muddy sound compared to Logic Express 7's simple Amp plugin. I opened the same document in both Logic Express 8 and 7 without changing any settings and Logic Express 7's guitar sounds were sharper and more crisp. I'm trying to get a punchy punk rock sound... lots of highs and cut-through-your-head edgyness and I just can't get that same effect with the new Guitar Amp Pro... it seems dull and heavy and muddy. I guess my original question was.. can I somehow copy the Logic Express 7 Amp into Logic Express 8 somehow or can someone tell me how to get punk rock guitar amp sounds.

Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad-Core, 3GB RAM, 2x250GB HDD, 1x320GB HDD, 20" ACD, Mac OS X (10.4.9), My Mac Pro ate your G5!

Posted on Oct 21, 2007 7:39 PM

There are no replies.

How do I get the old guiar Amp plugin back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.