Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toyota's so-called "ipod integration kit"

I just got a toyota corolla verso (sol pack) with Toyota's own "iPod integration kit" where the iPod is hidden away in the glove department. But, to my disappointment: With the superior satellite navigation screen you don't get the track titles, and the system can anyway only select tracks from the first 6 playlists! (Why, one wonders). Also, the 6 playlists (or "cd's" as it calls them) are not identical with the ones on my iPod (classic) when I select the playlists menu. Can anyone help? As Toyota has decided that it will tell me how to organize my iPod if I want to use it in "their" car, I am also curious how others organize their iPod? So two questions:
1) How does Toyota select playlists? Alphabetically, acc. to creation, date or what???
2) How do you adapt your iPod to Toyota's way of thinking?

flatpanel iMac G4 and macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.10), 3 ipods, wacom cintiq

Posted on Oct 22, 2007 1:19 AM

1 reply

Oct 22, 2007 6:14 AM in response to MoonBoy

I do not have a Toyota or know anyone with one, but heres my thoughts on some of what you said.

As far as "6 playlists (or CDs as it calls them)", its possible that it detects the iPod as a 6-disc CD changer. This could be why they aren't identical with your playlists. As far as no track names, this could also be from CD technology.

Another thing I want to point out, is that it seems the iPod classic's are having a major compatibility with docks and accessories designed for older iPods. Perhaps this is also interfering. Maybe its WHY it sees it as a CD Changer.

Toyota's so-called "ipod integration kit"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.