You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word, excel and powerpoint alternatives?...

Hi guys, I have just ordered my 1st mac with the new OS. I was wondering whats the best and most reccomended program that is windows compatable. I need to do presentations (powerpoint), spreadsheets (excel) and word processing stuff (word). Which do you guys reccomend I get which will enable me to use both fromats, thanks.

Posted on Oct 24, 2007 10:32 AM

7 replies

Oct 24, 2007 10:44 AM in response to madhead

If you choose to use iWork, you would create the presentation and then "export" it as a powerpoint file to your USB drive. It would then be readable on a system using powerpoint...

I can't speak for how Neo Office does this...

I have had no complaints regarding ease of use or how presentations display in powerpoint.

Message was edited by: kjlake

Oct 26, 2007 3:02 PM in response to madhead

At the end, if you decided that you need Microsoft office or decided to buy one, I would suggest to hold on that plan until they released the newer version on '08 that runs natively with intelmac machine.

But as other suggest, you can use iWork and neo office, just save the file using save as to microsoft office format.

Good luck.

ps: some font that you use for presentation using neo office or iWork that is not default for MS office, might be displayed slightly differ using similar or any font close to it.

Word, excel and powerpoint alternatives?...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.