Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Picture simply becomes black or a black triangle

When i select a picture, go to Full-Screen Mode (f), and for example slide the highlights or shadows slider, the picture immeidately becomes black. When I am not in fullscreen mode, the pic becomes a black triangle. When I deselect the modifications, the preview returns.

I use a MacPro with Geforce 7300 GT, 10.4.10 and Aperture 1.54.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

MacPro and MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.4.10), MacPro Geforce 7300 GT

Posted on Oct 24, 2007 10:25 AM

5 replies

Nov 19, 2007 6:14 AM in response to rleidl

Hi all.

I just had the Apple Support on the phone. The told me, Aperture does not ⚠ work with 3 (three) Displays. Maybe I will now get 2 bigger Displays (30" Cinema Displays)

My configuration at the moment:

MacPro DualCore Intel Xeon 2.66 Ghz, 2 x Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT, 3 x 20" CinemaDisplays.

Regards

Rainer

Jan 20, 2008 1:31 PM in response to rleidl

I have the same problem, I have two NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT on a new Mac Pro with Leopard and Aperture 1.5.6. When I have three monitors plugged in, Aperture does not display many pictures properly, on the alternate monitor it frequently comes up blank. On the main monitor, when I go to Full screen mode (press F), many photos look look completely corrupted. I figured out that the problem is a result of two video cards. I have the same problem when only using two monitors, if the monitors are plugged into different video cards. If the two monitors are plugged into the same card, it works fine (when their are only two monitors, not three).

Jan 21, 2008 9:26 AM in response to jrg_uk

Do you know if this is documented anywhere on Apple's site? I was on the phone with Aperture support and the person I spoke with said Aperture works with two monitors (which I knew), but he couldn't find anything about it not working with two video cards.

Do you know if there is a way to get aperture to just ignore the 3rd monitor. I want to use aperture on two monitors, and have other stuff on the 3rd like my browser or email. But if I even have 3 monitors plugged into the computer aperture doesn't work.

--Scott

Jan 21, 2008 10:27 AM in response to Scott216

There's an oblique reference to numbers of graphics cards here:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303215

(I just noticed that the tech specs do say 'one of the following graphics cards' in both minimum and recommended configurations, but I think that's coincidence rather than subtle specification.)

I think the 3-display problem has merely been noted (and reported) by some people in this forum who have more than two displays.

Picture simply becomes black or a black triangle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.