Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burnt VIDEO_TS DVD plays on computer but not DVD player

I've used Mac-the-ripper to rip a DVD and I'm using Toast Titanium to burn it to Sony DVD-R media. I've already burned other video to this media and it plays on my home DVD player, but now I'm doing VIDEO_TS for the first time. I have the name in all caps without spaces. Everything I can think of is right, but the results will only play on my computer - I've tried 2 different home DVD players, and both say "cannot play". Any ideas?

Posted on Nov 2, 2005 8:07 AM

12 replies

Nov 2, 2005 1:43 PM in response to Michael Moriconi

Agreed, originally, I thought you might have burned the DVD in the wrong "data" format as oppose to "DVD-video" format, which makes it playable in computer but not in home player. As you comfirmed later you burned it with "DVD-video", then the other factor would be the media, since it is playable on a computer, so it is a good burn, then it would be the home DVD player that does not accept this media for some reasons.

Burnt VIDEO_TS DVD plays on computer but not DVD player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.