Yes, it shows mdeamon on my webmail too, so that far we are, it is Mail.app problem then, on any other mail client it works.
Every possible port is open, nothing is blocked.
Lets hope Apple does some internal testing and fixes it!.
Tiger Mail.app does not works in leopard
Bet email client to date, for me. Need fix now
Not exactly the same as the other problems in this thread, but this oopsie was interesting:
One similar issue I discovered was that messages in both my .mac and IMAP mailboxes would not display or preview just as if they were empty. As I arrowed down the list of messages
I noticed that a few would display in the preview pane fine: plain text messages only.
If the messages were html such as multi-part content then there was a blank preview. Scarey !
I could display the entire raw message using opt-cmd-u though, so I was relieved to see that
the messages were not clobbered !
This particular problem turned out to be caused by a Mail plug-in I had used in Tiger: GPGMail.
To disable that plug-in, I went to "~/Library/Mail" and moved that GPGMail.bundle from the "Bundles" folder to the "Bundles (Disabled)" folder, and then restarted the Mail application:
and all worked fine. Whew !
What is strange about this is that the Tiger Upgrade disables all 3rd party plug-in bundles to be
on the safe side, and so I am not sure why that GPGMail bundle was not disabled like a spam
bundle that I use.
Anyway, this solved this particular problem for me and I hope this experience may help some of you folks.
Good luck all !
I have the same problem and use the MDaemon mail server also.
It sends fine and as others have said, it gets the folders okay. It just won't display any new messages. What is stupid, is I did an upgrade and all the IMAP messages that showed up in mail before the upgrade were still there and I could read them, delete them, etc. and the actions would work back to the server. It really seems to only be an issue with getting the new folder contents.
My .Mac account works perfect. On my other mac, same account, using 10.4, the IMAP works perfect. So, it is definitely a bug in 10.5 mail.
I have the same problem; Mail apparently logs on to the server fine, and Connection doctor reports no problems, but email is not downloaded from the server. I tried using the "Rebuild" command on the "Mailbox" menu, which resulted in a completely empty Inbox... but when I log on to my email, I can see about 50 messages in my inbox!
Anyone solved this yet? Any word from Apple?
Same issue here. Had 2 different client machines connecting to an Mdaemon server. Both work fine in Tiger.
One client machine was the last Dev release candidate of Leopard and the other is a final release install from retail purchase.
Same results, folders only. No messages. The curious thing is, the FIRST time i launched mail on the dev client after doing the upgrade, mail was there. Subsequent attempts result in empty folders.
Toggling the 'IDLE' setting did not change things for me.
I'm having an imap problem, but slightly different. Everything is set up fine. I can move messages between folders and label junk etc.. What I cannot do though is delete messages. I get this message:
"The IMAP command “UID COPY” (to Deleted Messages) failed for the mailbox “INBOX” with server error: Error in IMAP command received by server.."
Message was edited by: seamusk