Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery won't hold charge - MacBook

Hi. My MacBook battery won't charge up and won't hold a charge. There is no "%" listed in the menu left..just a battery with a squiggle line through it. This laptop is used daily, but not much at all.

Help?

mac book black, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Oct 26, 2007 1:25 PM

8 replies

Oct 26, 2007 2:03 PM in response to steven.contreras

How often do you calibrate your battery? It is OK to leave your battery hooked to the charger most of the time. The only time I unhook my MacBook from the AC adapter is when I calibrate every two months. You should calibrate your battery every two months or so to keep the battery fully functioning. If you use your MacBook infrequently, it’s best to re-calibrate the battery at least once a month.

What do you mean it won't hold a charge. Does it die as soon as the power is unhooked? A little more detail would help.

User uploaded file

Oct 27, 2007 12:17 PM in response to First Magus

Thanks everyone.

I can't calibrate because I can't charge up the battery. I plug in and charge up (seemingly) but the battery doesn't work when I unplug adapter. Squiggle line is through the battery when I turn it on with the adapter hooked up.

Taking to the Apple Store...I think the battery just died or something? My first problem with any Mac product EVER.

Battery won't hold charge - MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.