Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight not working at all after Leopard upgrade

Installation all went fine, but after, spotlight isn't working at all. Well, it is working, but not for my hard drive. So it can search for files on the install disk for example, but not on my hard drive.

When I first installed, and noticed spotlight wasn't working, I tried running mdutil to re-index the drive. It told be it had failed, and that indexing and searching was disabled. I checked the spotlight settings, and found that, for some reason, by hard drive was listed in the privacy list. I removed it, but it still wouldn't work. mdutil returned the same error. I have since discovered two errors, relating to logmein and launch2net, but I have fixed these, and still no luck. I notice that in Activity Monitor, UserEventAgent isn't responding. Quitting, Force Quitting it, and rebooting the OS all have no effect.

What the heck is going on?

15" 2.33GHz MacBook Pro C2D, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Oct 26, 2007 4:13 PM

1 reply

Spotlight not working at all after Leopard upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.