Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal wont sync due to inconsistent data

I get an error message saying... Calendars could not be synced due to inconsistent date. Confirm that your computers data is valid *+(not sure how to do this)+* then reset Calendars on .Mac in system preferences. *+( I have done this and had no luck)+*
I have also gone into isync and reset my sysc history and then re-synced... having all my computer data be replaced by the .Mac data. i get the same error.

I have 3 machines that should all be synced. I have just done a clean install on all machines in the following order:
a mac mini, a Powermac G5, and my Macbook. The macbook is the problem machine. the other 2 systems are synced perfectly.

Any advice?

Macbook CD 2.0, 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Oct 27, 2007 10:26 AM

12 replies

Dec 2, 2007 9:31 AM in response to Patrick Savelberg (Private)

A clean install of Leopard didn't help me.
I have a Macbook Pro with now clean installed Leopard and a Macbook with Tiger. The sync with dotMac didn't work due to inconsistent data. I tried it twice.
Who has any idea? I importet every single calender in the ical of the Macbook Pro. Even after that the sync didn't work due to inconsitent data. Whatever that means, because both ical work fine just can't be synchronized.
Any help would be great!!!

Dec 3, 2007 2:58 PM in response to Christopher Dolan

same here. I have 4 Macs, all have Tiger. After I upgraded 1 of them to Leopard, all ability to sync the other 3 was gone. I have tried resetting .Mac data with the data from the Leopard Mac, that did not work. I tried resetting .Mac with data from the Tiger Mac, that did not work. I've been on hold with Apple Support for 1 hour and counting... You think they would have tested this.

Jan 20, 2008 10:25 PM in response to Christopher Dolan

Dude,

Thanks!!!
I did two clean installations on my 2 MBPs to leopard starting Friday night and Finishing tonight. I opted to not migrate data because I wanted to leave all my messy Tiger stuff and start again.

My first MPB must be the dominant one on .Mac because

MBP-2 >> .Mac >> MPB-1 didn't work .. if it weren't for your reply I wouldn't have tried the other way around and would have just given up until next weekend.

Thanks.

iCal wont sync due to inconsistent data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.