Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best audio Interface for garageband?

I am planning on purchasing an IMac today and will be using garageband for recording.

Can you tell me what is the best audio interface for garageband that will produce professional results?

Dell, Windows XP

Posted on Oct 27, 2007 9:11 PM

6 replies

Oct 28, 2007 3:21 AM in response to Jerry LaBrecque

There is no one 'best' interface - there is a very wide range available, ranging from simple stereo audio in/out to complex ones which have microphone preamplifiers and allow you to record multiple channels simultaneously. For starters, have a look at this page by our resident Guru, HangTime:

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/FAQPages/Interfaces.html

Jan 22, 2008 4:19 PM in response to HangTime

Can you recommend an interface for my needs- mostly live performance of software keyboard instruments on my Powerbook (currently organized in RAX2) combined with the outputs of 1 or 2 additional hardware keyboards (so I'll need some mixing capabilities). Right now I'm using the decidedly inelegant (but adequate sounding) solution of just tapping the laptop's miniplug headphone output thru adapters into a Fender amp. I will also use the interface to input guitar to the computer. I don't mind paying a bit more for better build and sound quality if I need to. Thanks Dave

Best audio Interface for garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.