Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch as PDA?

Will it be possible to use the iPod Touch as a PDA? Writing down calendar entries..., because for the moment that option doesn't seem to be available. Do I have to buy an iPhone (not yet available in Luxembourg, if ever.) or can I hope Apple will make the iPod Touch work as a PDA?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Oct 28, 2007 8:13 AM

11 replies

Oct 28, 2007 9:01 AM in response to emmkah

Currently, (and I say this with the possibility of the functionality being re-added at some point through a software update) If you wish to have the funtion of inputting calendar entries directly on a devce, I'd opt for the iPhone. If not, buy the iPod touch. iPod touch is a GREAT piece of kit, for Music, Videos, Photos, and fairs well as a FULL internet browser (without flash support).

No-one here is directly involved with Apple, therefore anyone replying to this thread does not know when or if calendar functionality will be re-added. The only evidence it 'may' be re-added is an e-mail someone supposedly recieved over at Mac Rumors, who claims it's from +Steve Jobs+ or a high ranking Apple Rep.

Take this with a pitch of salt. Don't worry about the future of a device. Use it today, for what it's capable of.

R-Fly

Oct 29, 2007 6:55 AM in response to paula_g

The iTouch is not a PDA, it is an iPod. Designed to play music and video primarily and Apple gave us some other goodies. But is isn't a PDA.
Rumor has it Apple will be introducing a PDA in the future. Don't complain this device is what Apple said it was - we'd all like other things added but it isn't what Apple advertised, yet.

Oct 29, 2007 7:20 AM in response to CTJon

Don't complain that people are complaining. 🙂

I think the requests are natural considering that the iPod touch includes calendar synching and a browser. It is only natural to see some PDA-like features and want more. That is very natural and reasonable.

The market is what the consumers say it is, not what the manufacturer says it ought to be.

doug

iPod Touch as PDA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.