Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unwanted images in my library

For some reason all the images that come with software have become part of my iPhoto library. How do I get them out, without removing them from my imac.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Oct 29, 2007 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2007 1:49 PM

Unless you've set iPhoto to NOT copy photos into your library, they are merely copies. This happens when you accidentally drag a folder containing an application or something else with image files. iPhoto imports EVERYTHING in the folder, including icons and button graphics in an application, for example.

Ctrl-Click on one of the files and choose Show File. If it shows up in your iPhoto Library, with an unitalicized name, it is a copy.

Don't delete the file that Show File shows you. Go back to iPhoto and delete it from there. The copy within your library will be deleted - it won't disappear from your original software.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2007 1:49 PM in response to lizofpnm

Unless you've set iPhoto to NOT copy photos into your library, they are merely copies. This happens when you accidentally drag a folder containing an application or something else with image files. iPhoto imports EVERYTHING in the folder, including icons and button graphics in an application, for example.

Ctrl-Click on one of the files and choose Show File. If it shows up in your iPhoto Library, with an unitalicized name, it is a copy.

Don't delete the file that Show File shows you. Go back to iPhoto and delete it from there. The copy within your library will be deleted - it won't disappear from your original software.

unwanted images in my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.