Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem after Installing Vista - Anyone know how to make it Mac by default?

Sup everyone,

I have Leopard installed on my iMac (the new one), and i installed windows Vista, but now every time i turn on my iMac, it goes straight to Vista. I want it to start on Apple by default.
How do i do that exactly(step by step)? besides having to hold the option key at start-up...

Thanxz in advance to whoever helps me solve this...

Mac Book Pro & iMac, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Oct 30, 2007 7:56 AM

4 replies

Oct 30, 2007 8:14 AM in response to Javier Chorrillos

While in Mac, go to System Preferences/Startup Disk - click on Mac OS 10xxx and if you want, in the lower left of this window you can lock your selection.

Also, there is an option while in Vista, open the Boot Camp tray. I would not select either Mac or Vista there, since if you have to restart Vista after a windows upgrade, it might restart in Mac. Then to get back to Vista, you would have to shut down Mac, then use the option key to get back into windows. (This part is a little iffy since I haven't had any upgrades in Vista yet)!

Problem after Installing Vista - Anyone know how to make it Mac by default?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.