Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leopard: Multiple IMAP-SSL Connections Per Account

I run my own mail server that I access through Mac Mail via IMAP-SSL. I haven't had any trouble with it until I installed Leopard last night. The new version of Mail creates 4 connections to the IMAP daemon per account. I can trace each one in the mail server's log files so the count is accurate. Furthermore I know this was not a problem with the previous OS X as I had a max number of daemons per IP address in the mail server set to 14. WIth 4 accounts on my Mac Mail x 4 daemon connections per account = I needed to up the max number of daemons per IP address to 16 to get all my accounts active at once (which worked). While this may be a solution, Mail should only be logging in once per account not four times for each one.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there a bug report that can be submitted?

Kevin

Posted on Oct 30, 2007 12:17 PM

2 replies

Leopard: Multiple IMAP-SSL Connections Per Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.