Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need some help please!!!!!!

i need some help....i had mac osx 10.2 installed on my g3 600 ibook, i want to install mac os x 10.4 tiger on it. i put the disk "1" in and it ask me to restart my computer i did and now it will not boot any o/s i try to install even the 10.2??? i hold down "c"can anybody help

i book G3 600

Posted on Oct 30, 2007 9:19 PM

16 replies

Oct 31, 2007 11:21 AM in response to sig

haha g thanks man **** eaby....i burned the iso and poped it into my mac the black disc poped up and ask me if i wanted to install 10.4 i said yes and it ask me to restart my computer..i restarted it and now nothing happened.. it loads for a min then shuts off???? i tried to reinstall the osx10.2 by holding down "c" but the same thing happens it loads for a min to the apple screen then shuts off..before i tried to install the 10.4 the computer was a good machine so the computers not back just the **** software.. but why is it keep shutting down??

Oct 31, 2007 9:30 PM in response to sig

when i got the computer the 10.2 disk was not even installed on the computer yet i did a fresh install and the 10.2 disk worked fine but when i try to install the 10.4 (Some Days Later) disk it just screwed up everything. do you have any idea why my computer just shuts off?? the computer worked fine with the 10.2 installed on it until after i installed the 10.4. i called apple and im just going to go to the store and get a osx 10.4 for 20 bucks. but do you have any idea why the computer shuts off after less then a min of running... thanks

Nov 1, 2007 11:13 AM in response to sig

when i first got the computer it had no os on it but the cd came with it (burnt). i did a fresh install by holding down c. i had the osx 10.2 running on it for about a week the computer was running great nothing was wrong. i the try to install the osx 10.4 and it told me i had to restart my computer. now the computer just shut off after a few sec so i just want to do a fresh install of the 10.2 again and now when i try to put the burnt osx 10.2 cd in and hold c the computer shuts off after a few sec....

i need some help please!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.